Monday, March 12, 2007

Week # 8 Thing # 18 Zoho




I created an account with Zoho and explored the site. I found it very simple to transfer my Microsoft Word word processing skills to Zoho . I felt confident as I created my document. The toolbar was similar to Microsoft and for some reason Zoho seems more user friendly than Word. What really impressed me was the number ( 58) of templates Zoho offers . Tickets, Invitations, Receipts, Flowsheets, Bills of Sale, Applications, and even a Student ID Card are available to the user. The "wiki" part of this site is that you can add a template to share with other Zoho users. Another advantage is that Zoho users can work on the same document from different locations. Zoho is a very useful resource; however, I would be reluctant to use it for any documents that contain sensitive information. Any document created on Zoho is out there in cyberspace and is vulnerable to hackers and spies. I will try now to post a Zoho document on my blog.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

I agree with you - I would also feel uncomfortable having too much personal information out there on Zoho. However, it can be a useful tool, as you've shown. It's really conveninent for library customers who don't have a floppy disk to save to, since they can just create a Zoho account and save their documents there.