Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thing # 6 : Flickr


Flickr Color Fields


Flickr Color Fields is a fun program to play with. I have always been fascinated by color, and so I spent way too much time looking at this. I could probably use this program to decorate my blog or do all sorts of creative artsy things.


Mappr

If you travel a lot and want to share your travels with others online you could create a geographic / photographic display of your travels with this tool.

Montager

This was fascinating : computer generated art using photographs. Once again an art/designer activity. Very clever. I tried several tags to see what kind of mosaic was created. I would use Montager to create a mosaic of best children's picture books for 2006 using photographs from the book covers. Now, that would be a great use for this tool.

As far as the Librarian Trading Cards and the Magazine Covers, well, it would be fun to have teens create their own trading card or magazine cover. I can see this working for a lot of YA programs.

Thank you for introducing me to these online "toys". I would never have discovered them on my own. But now, I need to get outside and take a good long walk, breathe some fresh air, otherwise I will find myself sitting here for hours playing with this stuff... Can't let that happen !!




No comments: