Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week 4 : Thing # 8 RSS & Newsreaders

I explored all the links in Thing #8 : RSS & Newsreaders. This was a very complicated task : way beyond my interest and capabilities. I can see why RSS is very useful for business , information brokers,academia, and news addicts. To me, it is just another way for the Internet to bombard me with more information and noise that keeps me tied to a monitor screen and ultimately eats up my precious time. I am not interested in spending more life time than I have to on the Internet, and I do not feel a need to stay on top of every little tidbit of news and blog trivia that is generated every day. I did set up a bloglines account at :

http://www.bloglines.com/public/trackers

I have one feed coming into that account. I will now move on to Thing #9.

No comments: